Monday, August 30, 2010

Luck of the Irish, Part #3

Coffee Art
We woke up early the morning after our day of sightseeing along the Northern Irish Coast and headed to a near-by bakery for coffee. This particular bakery was known for their "coffee art," where beautiful  designs are made in the coffee using cream. My "artist" made created a heart in my vanilla latte.

After our morning treat, we headed to the bus station to catch a ride to Dublin! I was so very impressed with the public transportation in Ireland. In America, the bus system is generally known as dirty and unsafe, whereas the buses in Ireland are very clean and safe. It is the common and preferred transportation from city to city. And, not only does it save the passengers money on owning a car, gas and parking fees, but it is also great for the environment.

We arrived to Dublin in a short hour-and-a-half. After checking into our hotel, Brigid walked us by the U.S. Embassy.
Brigitta and me in front of U.S. Embassy in Dublin
Brigid and me on the bus tour

The U.S. Embassy Information Center was very helpful in giving us directions to the nearest "Hop On, Hop Off" bus location. The bus tour was so much fun! For the price of 7.5, we were able to see all Dublin's main attractions.
Dublin




After the bus tour, we headed to dinner at a tapas restaurant.

Before my trip, I had heard plenty of stories from other travelers warning me about the food in Ireland and England. They had described it as nothing short of inedible. However, I found the Irish food to be delicious! Granted, this could be due to the fact that I was with a local who knew some of the best places to eat or due to my unusual taste buds.

That night, we met up with Brigid's older brother, Malachy. I had met him last summer when he visited Brigid in Atlanta. He is a great guy and showed us a wonderful time in Dublin.
Me, Malachy, Brigid and Brigitta
The next morning, we woke up early to tour the Guinness Factory before heading back to Armagh. The Guinness Factory is the largest employers in Dublin and ranked as one of the best employers.
Brigitta and me at the Guinness Factory
After our tour, he headed back to Armagh. We spent the evening hanging out with the wonderful Moore family and watching USA play in the first round of the World Cup.

It was so sad saying goodbye to Brigid and her family. They were such incredible hosts and showed Brigitta and I an unbelievable time in Ireland. I can't wait to come back!
Paddy, Me, Brigid, Brigitta and Goretti
Next stop, Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment